Tuesday 27 January 2015

Before I Go by Colleen Oakley

Title: Before I Go
Author: Colleen Oakley
ISBN: 9781760111939
Publisher: Allen & Unwin
Publish Date: January 2015

Synopsis:
Daisy never asks you to feel sorry for her.
Daisy is 27-years-old and has only months to live. And, each day, she's finding her way through what needs to be done.
Her major worry is what her wonderful, charming husband, Jack, will do without her. She knows that he won't take care of himself so Daisy has to do it for him. As she searches for Jack's next wife, she begins to realise that her plan to ensure Jack's happiness is much more complicated than she expected.

My Thoughts:

Before I Go is one of those books where you know exactly what you are getting, but it is also surprising light-hearted for such a serious and heartbreaking subject. These days we all know someone who has fought or is fighting a battle with cancer making it easy to relate to the characters in the story and leaves you asking the question, 'what would I do?' This book has left me thoughtful and, dare I say it, a little more appreciative of my health. Daisy and Jack's relationship show us the importance of being able to openly communicate with our loved ones and not to take each other for granted.
Before I Go is an emotional roller coaster that is wonderfully written. Definitely recommended, but you might need some tissues.

Review copy received from Allen & Unwin Australia via GoodReads giveaway.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your review - this is a book I'm keen to read and I hope (like you) it makes me a bit more appreciative of what I have!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete